LONDON, 20 June 2011 – Panmure Gordon & Co analysts have achieved six awards in the 2011 Financial Times | StarMine Analyst Awards for UK & Ireland, ranking the firm in the Top 3 overall.
In the UK & Ireland survey, the following Panmure Gordon analysts were recognised as top stock pickers:
• Alison Turner, ranked 1st in the Metals & Mining sector. Alison further distinguished herself by being ranked 2nd in the nation’s overall top stock picker category.
• Michael Allen, ranked 3rd in the Consumer & Business Services sector
Top earnings estimators at Panmure Gordon were:
• George O’Connor, ranked 1st in Technology & Equipment Services
• Barrie Cornes, ranked 2nd in the Insurance sector
• Oliver Wynne-James, ranked 3rd in the Equipment & Machinery sector.
These results for the UK analyst team are in addition to the accolades earned in the Developed Europe survey, the results of which were announced in late May.
Group chief executive, Tim Linacre, commented: “Following on from the Group-wide StarMine success in the Developed Europe and US surveys, we are delighted to see our UK analyst team score so highly in the 2011 Financial Times | StarMine Analyst Awards for UK & Ireland. Panmure Gordon’s overall equal third position in the UK Top Broker category, shared with Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse, is a tremendous achievement.
“This has been a very good year for external recognition of Panmure Gordon & Co. The investment community voted for us in the 2011 Extel Survey and confirmed our status as one of the Top 5 UK Mid & Small Cap brokers. Today, StarMine analysis of our recommendations and earnings estimates has placed us in the Top 3 of all the UK brokers. Panmure Gordon’s analysts produce market-leading research which is reflected in our results across these two key industry surveys,” Mr Linacre said.