LONDON, 16 June 2010 - Panmure Gordon & Co. is delighted to announce that the firm has made strong progress in this year’s ThomsonReuters Extel Survey, UK Small Caps, achieving the fastest rising firm during 2010.
The survey results, announced yesterday, provide rankings of stockbrokers across sales, trading and research for 17 industry sectors.
Overall, in the UK Small Cap survey, Panmure lifted its ranking from 9th in 2009 to 4th in 2010.
Of particular note, Panmure’s research in the survey was ranked Top 5 in the following sectors:
• 1st overall in the Transport sector with Gert Zonneveld ranked 1st individually
• 2nd overall in the Consumer Staples sector, with Graham Jones ranked 3rd individually
• 2nd overall in the Leisure sector, with Simon French being ranked 2nd individually.
• 3rd overall in the Oil & Gas sector, with Peter Hitchens being ranked 5th individually
• 3rd overall in the Technology sector, with George O’Connor and Nick James ranked 6th and 10th respectively
• 4th overall in the Support Services sector, with Mike Allen and Paul Jones ranked 3rd and 10th respectively
• 5th overall in the Healthcare sector, with Savvas Neophytou ranked 7th individually
• 5th overall in the Media sector, with Alex DeGroote ranked 7th individually.
Our sales team also scored well in the UK Small Cap Sales, being ranked 4th overall. Four salespeople were in the top 50, including James Cooke who ranked 12th individually.
Panmure Gordon chief executive Tim Linacre, commented: “I am delighted with the excellent results we have achieved in this year’s Extel Survey, which reflect a year of exceptionally hard work across the firm. Panmure’s achievement as the fastest rising brokerage in the overall UK Small Cap rankings demonstrates both the talent and commitment of our team.”