LONDON, 6 May, 2011 – Panmure Gordon & Co., a leading independent institutional stockbroker and investment bank, is aware that private individuals in the UK and abroad are receiving cold calls purporting to come from a representative of our firm. These calls are fraudulent and under no circumstances should the recipient provide any personal details to the caller.
- Panmure Gordon & Co is an institutional stockbroker only – we do not provide stockbroking services to private clients.
- The caller will ultimately seek to have you remit funds, usually abroad. Under no circumstances should you transfer funds.
- If you believe you are a victim of fraud, please contact your local fraud prevention and investigation authorities.
- www.panmuregordon.net is a false website.
- You can also visit the FSA’s fraud information website at:
Panmure Gordon & Co actively protects its reputation from fraudsters and we appreciate individuals drawing this scam to our attention.
If you have any further details of this scam that you wish to share with us, please e-mail them directly to email@example.com or write to us at One New Change, London, EC4M 9AF. We will provide all information to the relevant authorities.