LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO, 25 May 2011 – Panmure Gordon Group analysts have achieved six awards in the 2011 ThomsonReuters Starmine Analyst Awards for Developed Europe and the United States.
In the Developed Europe awards, the following Panmure Gordon analysts were recognised:
• Alison Turner was ranked #2 for stock picking in the Metals & Mining sector
• Savvas Neophytou was ranked #2 for stock picking in the Pharmaceuticals sector
• George O’Connor was ranked #2 for estimate accuracy in the Software & Internet Services sector.
In the US awards, the following ThinkEquity analysts were recognised:
• Rajesh Ghai was ranked #1 for stock picking and also #2 for estimate accuracy in the Computers & Peripherals sector
• Aaron Kessler was ranked #2 for estimate accuracy in the Internet & Software Services sector.
Group chief executive, Tim Linacre, commented: “Starmine recognises an analyst’s ability to make good recommendations and provide accurate earnings estimates. Across the Group’s UK and US businesses, we employ 34 publishing analysts who provide insightful, sought-after research covering some 450 stocks. To have picked up six awards, in a field of analysts from across Europe and the United States, is an excellent achievement for an independent boutique like ours.”