Panmure Gordon chief executive, Tim Linacre, said: “Per head, Panmure Gordon did exceptionally well against larger peers. We performed excellently across sales, research and corporate broking. The entire team earned significantly improved numbers of votes this year and there were some stand-out achievements.”
Highlights from the mid and small-cap survey include:
- Charles Hall, Andrew Saunders and Graham Jones – voted 1st, 2nd and 4th in the Consumer Goods sector. Panmure rated 1st in this sector and earned more than 50% of votes
- Douglas Jack – voted 1st in Leisure & Gaming. Panmure rated 1st overall.
- Gert Zonneveld – voted 2nd in Transport & Logistics. Panmure rated 2nd overall.
- Barrie Cornes and Sandy Chen – voted 4th in Financials from a standing start last year.
- Top 5 rankings for the firm in Support Services and Technology and major improvements in Real Estate, Oil & Gas and Life Sciences.
- Overall, Panmure Gordon’s research was rated 6th of more than 50 firms.Superb sales team:
- An outstanding small cap sales team ranked 4th overall, and led by the remarkable Caroline Watson, who scored an individual 2nd in the best small caps salesperson category. David Johnson, head of large cap sales, was recognised as one of the top 20 salespeople in the country. Overall, Panmure had 3 of the top 50 salespeople in the country and 6 in the top 100.
Leading corporate access team:
- An excellent endorsement of our corporate broking team was achieved, with the firm finishing 4th, just behind three other excellent firms but ahead of major bulge bracket entities and others in our immediate peer group.
“While it is impossible to detail all of the individual successes enjoyed across the firm and across so many different categories, I can conclude from this year’s results that our clients regard Panmure Gordon as an excellent place with which to do business,” Mr Linacre said.
“Our reputation emerges enhanced as a result of this year’s result and on behalf of the board and the entire firm, I extend our thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for Panmure Gordon,” he said.
Global Communications Manager, Panmure Gordon
Tel: 020 7614 8333
About the Panmure Gordon Group
Founded in 1876, Panmure Gordon & Co (PMR.L) is a leading independent mid-cap investment bank based in London. Encompassing its US franchise, ThinkPanmure LLC, the Group employs approximately 300 professionals across the US, the UK and Nyon, Switzerland, offering a blend of transatlantic financial services including research, sales and trading, wealth management and asset management.