LONDON, 9 June, 2011 – Panmure Gordon & Co., a leading independent institutional stockbroker and investment bank, has been confirmed for the second year in a row as a Top 5 UK small & mid cap brokerage firm by the 2011 ThomsonReuters Extel Survey.
Some highlights underpinning the overall Top 5 result include:
• #1 – analysts Simon French in the leisure sector and Gert Zonneveld in the transport sector
• #3 – analyst Graham Jones in the consumer goods sector
• #4 – overall result for Panmure Gordon’s research in the technology and media sectors, as well as analyst Barrie Cornes for insurance sector research
• #5 – overall result for Panmure Gordon’s real estate research
• Panmure Gordon’s large cap sales team was voted in the UK’s overall Top 10, with two salespeople in the Top 3.
• Panmure Gordon’s corporate broking team was voted into the UK mid & small cap Top 10 and
• Danny Want ranked #2 in UK mid & small cap trading and execution category.
Group chief executive, Tim Linacre, commented: “Panmure Gordon’s status as a Top 5 mid & small cap broker in the UK is a testament to the high quality work of our entire team: from the analysts who write thought provoking independent research, to our salespeople, and to our corporate broking and trading and execution teams.
“In particular, we thank everyone who took the time to cast a vote for Panmure Gordon and its employees,” Mr Linacre said.